This week as you read about how your children are miraculous creations here are some fun things you can do:
- Talk about some people who make your child happy and ask them why thinking about that person makes them happy. Share with them that when we love people, thinking about us can make them feel happy too… and since we are part of God’s family, it can make them feel happy about God too.
- Brainstorm as a family something you can do together to show love in a lasting way to your community. Some things may have to wait until after quarantine, but others you could do now. Look into non-profits you can donate to to help workers without jobs, write letters to the people in the senior centers, write thank you letters to firemen or police officers, make a sweet video for the teacher that has been teaching remotely, or make a fun video for a friend who might feel lonely.
- Gather some leaves from outside and and color over them with a crayon on a blank piece of paper and show them that is what a fossil looks like in the ground.
- Use shells to make impressions in the soil outside. Continue to talk about how love makes ripples of positivity long after we have finished the kind and loving act.
- Ask your child what you do that makes them feel the most loved, then make an effort to do that thing at least once a day.
- Pray with your kids, pray that they, and everyone in your home, know and feel how special they are and how much God loves them!