October 14, 2018
Roger continues his series on Spiritual Warfare. Discuss last week’s homework assignment of self-reflection in regards to deception and believing lies of the Devil. Did you recognize lies during the week? Did you experience any breakthroughs?
Read Luke 8:26-37
- What characteristics of the demoniac show his demon possession?
- Roger mentioned that if this story took place today, the man would have been medicated but to no avail because you can’t medicate a demon.
- How can you determine if it’s a mental health issue verses a demon?
- Feel free to share any of your experiences in this area.
- Who was afraid of whom in this story?
- What is a take-a-way from this for us?
Roger said that he doesn’t believe that a Christian can be Demon Possessed. He explained that the term used to describe the demoniac is the Greek word “daimonizomai” which is a word that combines “demon” and “power”. In other words, the correct translation means to be under the power of a demon. So even though a Christian can’t be possessed by a Demon, he or she can be influenced by a Demon.
- How can you determine if behavior is from demonic influence or is just our old sinful nature?
- What are some good guidelines to help flush that question out?
- How does a Christian come under the power or influence of a Demon?
- Have you ever battled with the thought that perhaps you are under a demonic influence that is controlling you?
- What did you do?
Read Ephesians 4:26-27 & 32
- How do we give the devil an opportunity?
- What is the most common door that people open in this area?
Roger gave an analogy from Charles Craft: Demons are like flies attracted to garbage. Get rid of the garbage and the flies go away. Take out the garbage and then close the door.
- What is the key to taking out the trash?
- How do you close the door?
Roger gave 4 tips to Repent Well:
- Confess your sin (take ownership)
- Change (Repent)
- Renounce (Cut if off)
- Restitution (make it right)
- Take some time through thought and prayer to determine if there are any areas in your life where you need to “take out the trash”.
- What steps from those 3 tips do you need to do?
- Is there a possibility to make restitution?
- What would that look like?