Sermon Discussion Guide
By Roger Gales
August 12, 2018
What stood out to you from Sunday’s message and why?
Roger defined Loneliness but said that Loneliness is very subjective.
- What is your personal definition of Loneliness?
- Share of a time or season in your life where you experienced Loneliness.
- What was the cause of that Loneliness?
- How did you deal with that at the time?
- If you could go back, what, if anything, would you have done differently?
Roger gave the following 4 Facts of Loneliness:
- Loneliness Pain feels like Physical Pain
- Loneliness is terrible for your health
- Loneliness is contagious
- Loneliness is epidemic in America
- Do any of those above-listed facts from Roger match your experience? If so which ones and please discuss.
- Think of how many songs that you have heard that refer to being lonely.
Read Genesis 2:18.
- Why is this scripture significant especially since this occurred before the Fall of Adam and Eve?
Roger gave the following 4 suggestions to help overcome Loneliness:
- Admit your Loneliness
- Repent of Loneliness
- Learn to Love Others Well
- Seek God
- Let everyone pick one of the four suggestions that hits home for them and discuss.
- Helpful questions to spur discussion
- How do you practically do that and what does that look like?
- Give an example of an action step that you think would help you.
- Are any of these action steps related and if so, how?
- How can you as an individual help others overcome Loneliness?
- How about as a community group?
Write 3 “I will” Statements of what we learned today