Heritage Christian Fellowship is seeking a Worship Director to help us accomplish our purpose and vision by leading the church in a thriving culture of worship, thanksgiving and spiritual intimacy.
We are a church committed to “going deeper together – loving God, loving people and the world.” We are a church of “the Word and the Spirit”, holding to both the evangelical tradition and the charismatic tradition. We consider ourselves a worshipping people and delight in worshipping our Lord. We place a strong emphasis on building community and discipleship among our church family through participation in weekly small groups. We also have a strong emphasis on missions, as well as reaching our local community.
Please read the job qualifications and responsibilities carefully, as we describe in detail what we deem essential for a qualified candidate. Respectfully, we will respond only to applicants who appear to meet the job requirements and look like a good fit for our team. We are grateful for your interest and pray that God will lead us both!
Worship pastor is responsible for establishing and maintaining the vision for thriving worship at Heritage and a culture of thanksgiving and spiritual intimacy.
Hours: Full time or part time depending upon the needs of the candidate. If full time, additional responsibilities will be added according to gifting
Pay and Benefits: TBD based upon experience and education. Benefits for ¾ time and up include medical, retirement and PTO.
Qualifications & Skills
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ and Christ-like character
- A heart and calling to worship leading
- A minimum of 2 years relevant ministry experience
- A team player who enjoys working with others
- Strong communication skills
- Compatibility with our church DNA and charismatic theology
- Leadership skills: leading the congregation in worship; leading and managing AV, sound and worship teams.
- Musical skills and gifting: vocal and instrumental skills; worship leader skills; music director skills; song development/producing skills (new songs, original songs, special music, etc.).
- Pastoral skills
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide leadership, vision and planning for the worship ministry that is in support of the vision of the church.
- Lead, disciple and shepherd the worship community, including A/V, sound and worship teams.
- Lead worship
- Recruit, audition, train and support volunteers for A/V, sound and worship teams.
- Stage management: equipment purchasing, care and repair for all gear in AV, sound and stage; stage setup before each Sunday service; stage strikes / resets when needed; manage storage rooms, AV room and sound booth.
- Oversee excellence in administration of the worship ministry, including managing a budget, the scheduling of teams; managing PCO (Planning Center Online) including databases for songs, schedules and people; communication; attending staff/pastoral meetings; organizing team meetings; CCLI reporting, etc.
- Participate in learning opportunities to continue personal growth in character, skills and knowledge – mentoring, conferences, books, etc.
- Along with other staff, help lead all-church events, leadership meetings, retreats, outreaches, etc.
- Meet regularly with the Sr. Pastor for reporting, accountability, training, etc.
- Other duties as needed
To apply for this position, please provide the following:
- Your resume
- Include a reference to a leader where you have led worship previously
- One or more links to a video of you leading worship
- Tell us why you would be interested in serving at Heritage
- Tell us your expected salary range