Here are some tips for this week:
Talk with your child about when they feel scared or sad. Then come up with a couple of different, simple prayers that they can pray in that time. Ask them to pray those prayers and see what happens. For example:
- I have freedom in the name of Jesus.
- God loves and protects me always, Amen!
- I have peace in the name of Jesus.
- Holy Spirit, let me feel your presence and love.
- I am a perfectly loved child of God.
- Stop once a day at a random time and pray out loud with your child and say/ask: “Lord God, where are you right now?” and listen for an answer.
- Thank Jesus for always being with us.